Monday, May 18, 2009

A SIMPLE PRAYER


I wrote this on Easter morning. Without a doubt it is a prayer. A reaching out. A longing to be in a different space, to be the man I'm trying to be. I suppose it's all part of the journey in finding ones self amidst the wreckage of life. The time when looking for the answers, the real answers takes you inside yourself, inside your ego and that quiet desire for it all to revolve around us. I am many mornings from this being me, but I am aware that I can no longer find peace in the ways of old.

A SIMPLE PRAYER

Give me good ears and an open heart
Make my tongue slow to talk
Maybe then I'll truly hear
The spirit of you calm my fears

It's a simple prayer I pray today
I'm not asking to wash my problems away
I just want to feel you in the everyday
It's a simple prayer I pray today

Make me quick to love
Take my desire for the push n' shove
Make my touch gentle like the lamb
I don't want to stay the way I am

It's a simple prayer I pray today
I'm not asking to wash my problems away
I just want to feel you in the everyday
It's a simple prayer I pray today

Change will come from deep inside
And the love will shine where I hide


Glenn Simmons
copyright@Glenn Simmons Music

3 comments:

  1. Hola Glenn. Ojalá mi inglés fuera más fluido, al menos para dejarte un comentario. Tu oración es hermosa, sabia y la frase “Change will come from deep inside”, una gran verdad. Quizás lo que la mayoría de nosotros buscamos y necesitamos en la vida. Cambios. Y valor para llevarlos a cabo. Saludos desde Galicia, un pequeño lugar celta al noroeste de España.
    (Hello, Glenn, my name is Angéline. I wish my english were better, at least to express myself. Your prayer is lovely, wise and a great truth when you say “Change will come from deep inside”. Probably, what the majority of us is looking for in life. Changes. And courage to face them. Regards from Galicia, a celtic place in northwest of Spain).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Angeline. Thank you for your kind comments. Perhaps we are all trying to understand our connection with our Maker. Why we are here and to feel a sense of harmony as we go though this life. I hope to visit my blog often and that in some way, it will touch your life. Peace, Glenn

    ReplyDelete